I am very excited to be part of Artrepreneur, a day-long workshop series exploring the business side of the art world and featuring presentations from Peterborough and area artists who have "found success through their creativity."
Artrepreneur is being organized by
- Greater Peterborough Area Economic Development,
- Kawartha Lakes Small Business Enterprise Centre, and
- Business Advisory Centre Northumberland.
The event takes place at MarketHall, Peterborough, Ontario, on February 7, 2012.
Here are the details about the workshop I will be presenting.
The Savvy Entrepreneur: How to Grow Your Business
The arts sector is hot! It's also extremely competitive. To make your mark, you need to know how to identify your ideal customer, showcase what you have to offer, and form alliances with other arts entrepreneurs. This hands-on workshop will inspire you to come up with creative strategies for marketing your arts business throughout 2012 and beyond.
Other workshops that will be offered the day include
- Intersections: Where Art Meets Business: Jeffrey Macklin, Jackson Creek Press
- Create Experience with Your Art: Paul Portelli
- Market Readiness: Paul Portelli
- Interactive Lunch: Linda Kash and Paul O'Sullivan
For more information, please call 705-743-0777.