I have written over 1000 pregnancy and parenting articles for such publications as Canadian Family, Canadian Living, Chatelaine, Today’s Parent, Parents Canada, Cottage Life, The Globe and Mail, The Toronto Star, and The Chicago Tribune. I was a columnist for The Toronto Star from September 2010 until February 2013 and a contributing editor to Canadian Family magazine from March 2012 to March 2013. In mid-2014, I teamed up with Today's Parent to produce a series of parenting advice videos for parents with young children.
In June 2013, I became the second person ever to be awarded a Lifetime Membership by the Professional Writers Association of Canada (in recognition of my contributions to the freelance writing profession).
Other honours and awards
- Finalist, National Magazine Awards - Service: Health and Family, 2014. "I Will Survive," Canadian Living.
- Honourable Mention, PWAC 2014 Writing Awards - Feature article.
- Lifetime Membership, Professional Writers Association of Canada (PWAC), 2013.
- Honourable Mention, PWAC 2013 Writing Awards - Short Feature Category.
- Silver Award Winner, National Magazine Awards - "Captain Cottager, " Cottage Life -- editorial package (part of winning team), 2010.
- Finalist, National Magazine Awards: Service Journalism. 2000.
- Peterborough Business Excellence Award for 2005: Microbusiness.
- Quality Of Life Omnimedia's Best of 2005 Award: Parenting Book Category.
- Quality of Life Omnimedia's Best of 2006 Award: Parenting Book and Pregnancy Book Categories.
- Canadian Children's Book Centre, Body Talk, "Our Choice" selection (2003)
- Resource Links, Best of the Year: Body Talk (2003)
- Finalist, Red Cedar Awards (BC): Body Talk (2004-2005)
- Numerous awards for college and university communications.